Welcome to Special Direct online, your home for SEN supplies
Special Direct is full of exciting and inspiring resources to help children with special needs.
If you are working with children who have Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia or Speech and Language difficulties we have lots of resources that you will love. We work hard with Subject Specialists, Advisors, Therapists, Teachers, SENCO's and parents to design and develop lots of useful resources for your classroom and home.
Classroom Strategies for Supporting Children with Poor Memory.
The most significant classroom strategy is to reduce the potential for memory overload in what we ask of the children. One reason many children find the transition from play-based learning to more formal learning is that suddenly the memory load, for both curriculum information and classroom management, is significantly increased.
Be aware of children who:
- Are always following others and look bewildered if you ask them a question about what they plan to do next.
- Abandon tasks without completing them.
- Can't repeat back to you what you have asked them to do.
- Can't comment to a response partner about what you have said.
- Make frequent errors in tasks involving copying.
- Appear to be under-achieving or showing frustration.
Click here to view our Memory Fix Activity Programme
© RM Education 1997 - 2014