With advice from experts, we've searched the world to find resources that will really help children with special, additional needs. With resources for Speaking and Listening, Speech Therapy, Autistic Spectrum, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Fine and Gross Motor Skills, Handwriting, Inclusion and much more, we hope you find what you are looking for!
We work hard with Subject Specialists, Advisors, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Teachers and Teaching Assistants to design and develop lots of useful resources for your classroom and home. This year alone we have developed 120 new and exciting multi-sensory resources for supporting children with special educational needs.
Create a Communication Friendly Classroom
In order to be fully included and independent in a learning environment children and young people need to be able to:
- Understand basic class routines and know where and how equipment is stored.
- Listen to and understand information and the concepts they are learning.
- Understand and use new words including those that are specific to the curriculum.
- Develop ideas and share them with others.
- Ask and answer questions and solve problems.
- Read for interest and to gain information.
- Write to share ideas and knowledge with others.
- Interact and socialise with adults and other children/young people.
Creating a communication friendly classroom will support the learning, language, social and emotional development of all children.